Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Tool # 8 Taking a Look at the Tools

… Learning about the classroom devices



1. After watching the videos/tutorials, list two to three things you learned about the device(s) that will be in your classroom this fall.



First I learned that my 1st grade class will not be receiving iPads. As an early childhood teacher for the past 22 years, it is my belief that smaller is not always better for 1st graders. Their small motor skills are not always developmentally ready.



I understand that I will receive 2 more iTouches and 5 DELL 2120's. This is very exciting!



2. How do you plan to manage the device(s) in your classroom? Do you have ideas/suggestions that others may find useful?

I will need to name each of my I-Touches in my classroom. I will use the suggestion to name them with my room number and A-E. I will put this on the actual device so I can better manage each one. I also learned that I can have up to 11 pages of Apps on each I-Touch. I learned from LouAnn that Brainpop had an app where kids can watch short video clips and do a quiz. This will be familiar to all 1st graders as this is something we do in the classroom already. This would be a great station using a rockstar and headphones. I wish I had a device to charge 5 at once using a wall outlet, this might be a parent request at the beginning of the year. Then I could have that be one of my helper jobs for a student.

No comments:

Post a Comment