Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Tool # 5: Producing with Web 2.0 Tools

1. Use at least two of the tools above to create products. Think about your content. Create a “set” for one of your lessons! Or, consider providing the site as a choice for your students to create products. Make a model for a student created product.

I have tried WORDLE - this is fun!

2 Then, embed both products in your blog or link to the products from your blog.





3. Describe for your readers how you think each tool can be incorporated into your classroom - how you could see the tool being used by you instructionally and your students to demonstrate their understanding of a concept or topic in your classroom.

iMovie: I used this website to create a movie about our 1st grade year. I used pictures that I took of events and asked parents to emails photos of field trips, school happenings and then used iMovie to create a lasting movie for the children to keep.

Big Huge Labs: This is another one of my favorites! I love this website because it is easy to use and can be integrated into anything. This year my class and Ms. McKim's worked together researching past presidents of the United States. We used the mini's to research little known presidents and the final product was a trading card.

2 comments:

  1. Karen H.
    See how much you have done...you've already used a lot of these things in your classroom.
    Just a check point...where are tools 3 & 4...I didn't see a link on your sidebar?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I'm very impressed, and VERY jealous. Fifth grade is WAY behind the times...just starting this adventure.

    Hope your summer is fantastic!

    See you soon enough...

    Judy Juan

    ReplyDelete